Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baked Potato Soup

Baked Potato Soup.



O........M........Goodness.

I don't even like Potato Soup and this stuff is soooooooooo good!!!  It's a crock pot recipe so other than the basic prep it is super easy.

Ingredients:
6 (ish...I usually use closer to 10 if they are small) Potatoes, peeled and diced (big hunks is fine)
1 onion, chopped
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
3 Cups Water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Basil
1/3 Cup Sour Cream (or plain Greek Yogurt)
1/2 block cream cheese (cut into chunks)
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes

Toppings:  Bacon, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Chives

Directions:
1.  In a bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream, water, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and basil.  Set aside.
2.  Peel dice potatoes.  Chop onions (Oh, ninja...how did I ever do this without you!). Dice Cream cheese.
3.  Place potatoes and onions into the slow cooker.
4.  Top with bouillon cubes and cream cheese.
5.  Pour soup mixture over top.
6.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
7.  Once ready to serve stir well (cream cheese might still need to melt a bit and be incorporated...stirring should easily take care of it).  Use a potato masher to thicken the soup up a bit.
8.  Top.  Consume.  Yum.

A note about the onion:  I hate onions.  As in...I can taste the tiniest onion in the biggest casserole.  But I don't mind them in this.  First...I use the flattest yellow onion I can find.  The flatter it is the milder the taste of it will be.  Second...I use my ninja (small chopper dish...) to pretty much puree it.  Since the pieces are so little they melt in as it cooks all day and I have no chance of biting into a big hunk!

This is an incredible recipe for a cold winter day.  Give it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment